Group of Responsables
The GoR-AD is active in experimental, theoretical, analytical and numerical fields of aerodynamics to encourage the development and application of methods, tools and procedures for both civil and defence applications. GoR-AD focuses on:
- Applied and Fundamental Aerodynamics
- Propulsion / Systems Aerodynamics Integration
- Transition and Turbulence Modelling
Current GoR AD Action Groups
|AD/AG-46||Highly Integrated Subsonic Intakes||2008||2013|
|AD/AG-47||Coupling CFD to flight mechanics modeling||2008||2013|
|AD/AG-48||Lateral jet interaction at supersonic speeds||2008||2013|
|AD/AG-49||Scrutinizing Hybrid RANS-LES Modeling for Aerodynamic Applications||2009||2013|
|AD/AG-50||Effect of wind tunnel shear layers on aeroacoustic measurements||2010||2013|
|AD/AG-51||Laminar-Turbulent Transition Prediction in Hypersonic flows||2012||2014|
|AD/AG-52||Surrogate-based Global Optimization Methods in Prel. Aero. Design||2013||2015|
Current GoR AD Exploratory Groups
|AD/EG-66||Receptivity and Transition Prediction|
|AD/EG-68||Fluid and Synthetic Jets|
Additional EGs are being discussed as follows:
- Coupling CFD to flight mechanics modeling for highly flexible wings (related to AD/AG-47)
- Assessment of thrust vectoring capabilities for tailless configurations
- Embedded LES (related to AD/AG-49)
New Topics Under Review
The following topics are being discussed for future Exploratory Groups:
- A follow on activity related to AD/AG-45 (Application of CFD to Predict High ‘G’ Wing Loads)
- Flow control using plasma
- Evaluation of experimental techniques
Two GARTEUR success stories from GoR-AD
The European knowledge in High Lift Aerodynamics - applied on modern European aircraft types -
has been built up over the past decades through national efforts coordinated via GARTEUR Action
Groups and later continued in European projects funded via the Framework Programmes.
The full story (here).
The European knowledge in Missile Aerodynamics, and especially in numerical simulation, has largely
been built up over the past decades through national efforts coordinated via GARTEUR Action Groups. The full story (here).
Publications of past and current Action Groups
List of GoR AD Technical Reports.
Open reports marked (O) can be downloaded (when available).
Limited reports marked (L) are not available outside GARTEUR.
GoR AD archive area LOGIN (password needed)